Friday, November 4, 2011

Professional Learning Plan



Transcripts


Professional Learning Plan

As I look back at my Personal Growth Plan created in CEP 810 just five months ago, it is apparent that I set out a very wide net when I started these courses at MSU.  I honestly needed to learn a lot in a short period of time.  Some of my goals included increasing my understanding of the terminology used and programs that would allow me to incorporate audio, video, and text into my projects.  

I think that prior to these courses, I was overwhelmed with professional developments in our district.  I was not able to digest all the information in a meaningful way.  There is a clear difference between being told something and learning by doing.  I now find myself wanting to be up-to-date on the latest terminology and programs out there.  I connect and learn from millions from all around the world on twitter, MACUL, Diigo, Edmodo, Classroom2.0, and many more.

Based on some of my first presentations, one might think that my greatest area of growth has been in my manipulation of audio, video, and text.  I have leaned so much about different presentation tools.  This has helped me to create great projects and presentations in a professional manner.  I have used this knowledge and passed it on to other teachers as well as my students.

In my classroom, I would like to share what I have learned about Audacity and Podcasts with my students so they can create student tutorials.  I had recently set out to have student create tutorials for my WPP, but this has proven to be more of a learning experience for me rather than my students.  However, I feel very strongly that these tutorials will foster student learning and creativity as well as help other students.

Though I feel these aspects of my Personal Growth Plan have been met, I feel that in order to truly grow professionally, I need to share more with others. I need to contribute.  Between now and next summer I want to focus on my continued contributions to MACUL, Edmodo, Twitter, Diigo, and to my coworkers.

I also am looking forward to my next course, CEP 805 because it is a focus on Mathematics.  I feel this is and will continue to be a focus of mine. I will always want to find new ways to use technology to support my core curriculum.  I look forward to learning more in my upcoming courses as well as from the connections I have made along the way. I want to continue to also expand my PLN.  I have truly become a life-learner.

No comments: