Sunday, October 30, 2011

Group Leadership Project



What tool did your group use to deliver the PD tutorial?  Why?
Our group initially set up a Google Doc to start putting our ideas and goals down for this project.  We then used Google Presentation to get our storyboard and script together.  Finally, Margaret used iMove to put together our final project above.  We decided early on to go with iMovie because we all have Mac computers and felt comfortable using it. 

What did you learn during the development process of the final product?
During this process I learned that it is very important for group members to be able to communicate with each other in an effective way.  Our first web-conference was very frustrating as was the last conference we tried to have before the final product was going to be created.  There are just not free web-conferencing tools out there that work for everyone-all of the time.  I also learned that iMovie had to be finalized by one person.   I am glad that our storyboard and scripts were finished so that the process of creating the final project was easier.  
 
What would you do differently if you had to develop a similar product again?
If I were to develop a similar group project again, I would first establish a better way to communicate with group members.  Not that email did not work, I just think it might be better to utilize Google Docs more.  We could have left each other notes and comments there.  Also, I still believe that there must be a better web-conferencing tool out there.  I will continue my search for web tools that allow everyone to share and collaborate.  Finally, I believe that we could have chosen a better presentation tool that would have allowed us to support each group member more in the end.  I really like myBrainshark and slideshare.  I will most likely recommend those for my next group presentation.  

No comments: