1st Task - Joining Classroom 2.0.
I have become a member and will be following classroom2.0 on twitter. I was also interesting in their free workshops, but will need them to come a little closer to my hometown.
2nd Task - PollEverywhere
PollEverywhere is a simple way to create and distribute polls. There is no sign-up required, but your data will only be saved for two weeks if you do not acquire an account. It is free for up to 30 responses and can be responded to by text, web, or twitter. There was an issue with a few that tried to respond using their iPhone. The iPhone required a 10 digit number in order to send the text. On the plus side, I also tested the poll by trying to respond twice and received a text stating that I could not vote anymore on this poll. So that was nice to keep the data accurate.
3rd Task - Implementing Mobile Learning Into My Classroom.
I enjoyed the ease of PollEverywhere. I have made several polls to find out how many of my students have cell phones with free texting and internet access. I plan to share these polls with my students through Edmodo. I would like to use this data to determine if my students would be able to participate in such a way. I can see this being used for quick assessments and exit questions to determine what students know. I would also use the "Live" feature in the classroom to create discussions between myself and the class.
I would like to use mobile technologies like cell phones in my own classroom, but we have banned cell phones at our school. Students are only allowed to have them in their lockers and turned off. My school has not accepted cell phones as having a valid use in education yet. I will however share this with our fifth and six grade teachers, who have iPads in their classrooms. Honestly, I hope to see cell phones as the next tech device being discussed at out school.


No comments:
Post a Comment